We know that everybody wants to decorate his/her car and the car tinting is the method that is mostly used. Although various options are available, tinting is the best one because the car window tinting prices are economical and it serves the same purpose as others of attracting people.
Window tinting has many different advantages. The topmost is that it provides you with the privacy which you cannot get with the normal windows of your car. You get protection from ultraviolet rays. The best thing about it is that you can learn to apply it on your own or let the professionals do it for you. However, the steps followed are the same in both cases, which will be outlined in this article.
Whether you ask your family member to do it or a professional, you need to make sure that the person performing the job is trained. If window tint is not applied properly, it can lead to peeling or bubbling that does not do you any good. Also, the person should know the rules regarding the window tinting because in some countries darken windows are not allowed and can get you in trouble.
How To Apply Window Tint?
- You need to get the right materials. For this, you require some window tinting film, a utility knife, razor blades, sponges, a blow dryer, a bone tool and a spray bottle filled with soapy water.
- Take the exact measurements of the windows of your car.
- Cut the film in accordance with the shape of your window car.
- Clean your window properly first. The soapy water is the best for cleaning. If you feel it has not been clean, use some more powerful spray. However, you need to make sure that all traces of soap are clean so that there is no soapy substance left that can interfere with the window tinting process.
- Utilize the razor blades to remove any traces of soap, dirt or other debris.
- To make the surface cleaner, use the sponge on the car glass frame. Do not skip this part as it will make sure that car s totally clean. Getting this part done is the most crucial part of the process.
- Now place the tint film onto the glass gently. Leave the one-quarter inch wide at the top of the window.
- Push the window tint film just beneath the rubber lining that is at the edges of the window.
- Now use the blowdryer and heat the portion of the window tint. Rub the squeegee over the heated portion of the window glass. Press gently and firmly with the squeegee. This is to make sure to remove all the air bubbles or moisture. There should not be anything between the window tint and the car glass.
- Repeat the steps for all your windows.
Tips And Warnings
- If you do not feel comfortable with the performing of car window tinting near me and being so precise, then let the professionals do the job. If you hire a professional, make sure that they provide some sort of warranty. You are paying for it, so make sure that you do not have to pay for it more than once.
- Read all the state laws about window car tinting. Some states have inflicted very harsh rules and penalties if not adhered by the individual.
- Only pay for the quality work or do it yourself. It will degrade the car appeal if you are driving with a peeling window tint.
There are also many DIY kits available for the window on the internet. You can buy the one that suits you well. Do not buy any kit that does not provide any warranty.